Fall Pledge Drive: What's it for?
Mountlake Terrace Elementary PTO Is Raising Funds For:
● Teacher Classroom Materials
● Physical Education
● Playground Equipment
● Field Trips
● Community Building Events
● Paraeducator Materials
● 6th Grade Camp
● And more!
Please note: All money needs to be turned into teachers or the PTO box in the office by September 29th for the money to be counted towards student rewards.
Fall Pledge Drive: How it came to be & goals.
Mountlake Terrace Elementary Parent Teacher Organization, MTE PTO, exists to enhance your child’s education by funding programs and services that go beyond what is funded by the Edmonds School District and the school’s Hawkathon fundraiser. MTE PTO relies on your generous donations to support many of school programs (art, library, gym, music, field trips, and assemblies) and community building events (Autumn Festival, No Screen Week, Movie Nights, Grandparent’s Tea, and End of Year BBQ). Last year we successfully switched from a catalog sale fundraiser to a Pledge Drive. The feedback from students, parents, teachers, and the community was overwhelmingly positive! We can't thank you enough for supporting the MTE PTO. Pledge Drive Packets will be sent home with students on Thursday, September 14th.
Our fundraising goal for the 2016 Fall Pledge Drive is to raise $40 per student for a total of $17,200. We understand that not all families, especially those with multiple students, are able to meet this goal. Please know that every gift, no matter the size, is appreciated and makes a real difference in the lives of our students. Gifts can be monetary, BOXTOPS and even gifts of time!
Why a Pledge Drive Instead of a Traditional Product-Sale Fundraiser?
● Increased Financial Return – The MTE PTO will receive 100% of every dollar you donate in a Pledge Drive. In a traditional catalog fundraiser, selling food items, gift wrap, magazines, etc., the MTE PTO received only about 50% of the money you spent on products.
● Minimal Overhead and Volunteer Time – Many types of fundraisers require a lot of overhead and volunteers to make happen. Implementing a Pledge Drive versus other resource-intensive fundraisers will allow us to spend our time and limited resources on services and activities that will benefit our kids and families instead of on fundraising.
● Less Pressure – MTE students and parents will not have to sell products to neighbors, friends, or coworkers that, however useful, are only purchased to help the school. Parents will not have to make a special trip to pick up orders and then take time to distribute them. Small donations from parents, neighbors, friends and coworkers will allow students to quickly reach their goal.
● Tax Benefits – All donations are tax-deductible.
● Company Match for Charitable Contributions – Many employers will match donations to a local non-profit! Please contact your employer for more information!
If you raise: Reward:
$40 MTE Logo Bag
$75 MTE Water Bottles. Plus the above prize!
$150 Gets a MTE t-shirt. Plus all of the above prizes!
The top 25 students that raise the most money: Get dunk tank tickets to dunk Mr. Johnson, Mr. Hollingshead, or a teacher at the Autumn Festival. Plus all of the above prizes!
Top 12 Students that raise the most money: Bring a friend for a private pool party at Lynnwood Pool. Plus all of the above prizes!
Top student seller: Gets to borrow Mr. Johnson’s Chair for the day, gets one no-homework pass, gets to announce the top 12 students for the pool party, gets to be dunked in the dunk tank, and all of the above prizes!
If your class raises: Reward:
$400 Extra recess
$600 Extra Art Class
$800 Movie party with popcorn